Wednesday 7 May 2014

We Picnic in Pretty Places

Sometimes, it's so easy for me to get caught up in every day life, and forget that actually I live in quite a nice (for want of a better word) part of the world! But, just as quick as that fact can slip my busy mind, it also only takes one day, or one part of a day, to re-stumble across the pretty landscapes around me - for example, this Bank holiday, when we set off in search of a place to picnic.


Whilst it seems that everybody decides to embark on the great outdoors in some form or other when a bank holiday comes along - be that for a gentle stroll, an invigorating hike, or a long bike ride - personally we just wanted a bit of fresh air, a stretch of the legs, and a bit of a change of scenery.

Hopping in the car for a long drive is no problem to me, especially when we end up wandering round somewhere are attractive as we did, however it might have been even better had I not wisely brought my camera along without both it's battery (charging) and memory card (in computer) - I don't even know how I managed it! Thankfully I did manage to borrow scrounge another camera, and so, not to waste the opportunity, got clicking...



 Overall I had to say, quite simply, that I loved the whole place for it's beautiful houses, trees and cute little cafes! What more could you want from a town?


Aside from the throngs of other tourists with much the same idea as us, our wander along the river was fittingly peaceful, and even a panorama photo could hardly do it justice (plus, points for who can spot how I've creepily managed to duplicate Dad, oops!)


Of course walking around/ standing around when slightly lost, only calls for, what, a foot selfie? It sounds weird when said like that, but come on, you know fine well the ones I mean...

Impeccably styled as always (haw haw), I decided there was nothing better to wear on such a chilled excursion than a good pair of leggings, riding boots and a slobby jumper - we all have those days right?


Of course, the goal at the end of all our wanderings, the final destination, was the picnic, and oh boy, by the time we got there was my stomach growling in anticipation! We found a suitably humungous tree stump to perch our bums on, and dug in.


All washed down with a steaming hot flask of peppermint tea of course, as by then it was undoubtedly chilly!


With satisfied bellies and the beginnings of tiredness showing, we jumped in the car and head back home - even the view out the window was pleasantly scenic, as we passed by the 'Devil's Beef Tub'.


Impressive right? All in all a successful, thoroughly calm, stress-free day!
What did you get up to this Bank holiday? Is there something, like picnicking, that you like to do, maybe that makes you feel a bit like a kid again too?

x



No comments:

Post a Comment